All staff members at A Step Ahead have a cleared FBI and SLED check. All teachers are required to have or be working on their Early Childhood Credentials. All teachers at A Step Ahead are required to attend 15 credit hours or more of training annually and be certified in infant/child CPR, First Aid, and Blood-borne Pathogens. A Step Ahead has a high teacher retention.
Be a part of our family
It takes a very special person to work in Early Childhood Education. You must love children, love to learn, and be very flexible.
SC DSS Employee requirements for child care
- Have a negative TB test
- Have a physical by a physician that declares you mentally, physically, and emotionally fit to work with children (form 2926)
- Have a clean background/records check (fingerprints are taken and processed prior to employment)
- Must process DSS form 2924 prior to employment (central registry check)
- Must have at least a high school diploma
Benefits for qualified caregivers
- Free childcare for one child at our center
- Paid holidays (after eligibility period)
- Scholarship opportunities for college classes
- Spring break week, weekends, and holidays off
To apply, send your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org